Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse (RN)
SIGN ON BONUS AND COMPETATIVE WAGE!
The Infection Preventionist - Registered Nurse (IP-RN) provides oversight and creates procedures for ongoing infection recognition, tracking, and most importantly, prevention. This means using the knowledge and experience of a Registered Nurse certified in infection control to serve as the expert in this area, in addition to providing excellent direct care for our residents and supervising the day-to-day nursing functions performed by the Nursing Assistants (about 60/40% of the time split between the IP and Direct Care responsibilities). Job duties are in accordance with the appropriate State and Federal regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and maintain the facility Infection Prevention and Control Program (IPCP) as a part of the facility’s ongoing Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QA/PI) processes in compliance with current CDC, OSHA, and local regulations concerning infection control or standard/universal precautions.
- Assist department heads in developing infection control procedures necessary for their department’s areas, equipment and responsibilities.
- Make rounds to nursing units for the purpose of case findings, review of environmental sanitation procedures, and supervision of isolation precautions/practices.
- Prepare monthly summaries of all resident/personnel infections, corrective action taken, and the results of the corrective action for the Administrator, Director of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer.
- Prepare summaries and maintain a record of special investigations on the occurrence of nosocomial and community-acquired infections for the Director of Nursing.
- Participate in surveys of possible carriers among residents and personnel, and in tracing possible sources of infection within the facility.
- Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in developing and implementing discharge plans for the resident in isolation or on infection control precautions.
- Meet with the staff to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services, as necessary.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary
- Provide direct resident care and supervise care provided by Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs).
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all disciplines to ensure that all aspects of resident needs can be adequately maintained
- Develop and conduct infection control in-services for all levels of center staff
Required licenses or certifications:
- Registered Nursing License in the State of Wisconsin required
- Certification specializing in Infection Control credentialed from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC) preferred
- 3 years of experience, preferred
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick time
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discount Program
- 401k (plus employer match)
- Supportive working environment and culture
*We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
in Appleton, United States